Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Faith in the Spirit of God


The Holy Spirit refers to the third person among God .The faith of this trinity is the most fundamental and core faith. God gave me the grace to get to know the Holy Spirit just a few days after accepting Jesus as my Lord and Savoir. I got a chance to hear from the Holy Spirit many Bible truths as He taught me about things like the origin of sin , salvation, how the devil was cast out from heaven ,how the entire bible was written plus many more things some of which I may not write here now. He told me all this in speech in a space of about 0ne week and  I’ve not forgotten any of them , it was in line with the King James version bible account though He(did not tell me while quoting scripture) it all was just as the Bible says.

I believe God did this to me because He was preparing me for His work .I was the kind of person who didn’t just believe things so may be God did this to give me a foundation of my faith in Him .The reason the word of God is called the living word is because it is supposed to be lived – God expects us to live it – meaning it is not meant to be just for information but rather is a manual for life . In one of my first encounters with the Holy Spirit, He told me that I would receive a gift of visions (and this happened after a few days). God revealed to me His word and His will upon my life and also the His coming Kingdom).

I know as a matter of fact that such truths cannot be known and understood unless one believes in the gospel of Salvation through Jesus Christ, here’s why!

1)      Because sinners are creatures while God is the far reaching One who created the vast universe and the entire man kind .Like this the truth of the trinity cannot be understood unless God by His Spirit reveals it to you.

2)      Because of transgressions, the hearts of human beings have been darkened by their sins .Just as nothing can be seen when a mirror is stained, the eyes of the hearts of sinners cannot see what the Triune God has done or is doing.

3)      Without the enlightment of the Holy Spirit, we cannot know the profundities of God’s heart. The Holy Spirit bears witness that the word of God is the truth (John 16:13). The Holy Spirit dwells in those who believe in the written word of God and works in them. The spirit of God is a gift permitted to those who believe in the remission of sin given by Jesus and that’s the reason we call our ministry ‘Gifted Divine’ – because indeed we believe we were gifted with a gift that’s divine – the Holy Spirit. We must therefore worship Him trust in Him , Love Him and obey Him


No comments:

Post a Comment