Sunday, May 26, 2013

We need Mercy - Not Justice !

Romans 10:5 
‘For Moses describes the righteousness which is of the law, That the man which does  those things shall live by them’.(King James Version)In verses 5-9, Paul contrasts those who seek righteousness by the law with those who seek the righteousness of God as a gift. Those who seek to earn righteousness through keeping the law are consumed with “doing” (this verse), while those who receive righteousness by faith are simply confessing what has already been done (v. 9). (Read: Romans 10:3 ‘for they being ignorant of God’s righteousness, and going about  to  establish their own righteousness, have not submitted themselves unto the righteousness of God’)

bible openedThis is a simple and yet profound difference. If we are still “doing” acts of holiness to get God to move in our lives, then we are still operating under a “law” mentality that is not faith (Gal. 3:12). When we simply believe and confess what has already been provided through Christ, then that’s grace. A person who is living under the law and a person who lives under grace should have very similar actions of holiness, but their motivations are completely opposite. The legalist has his attention on what he must do, while the person living by faith has his attention on what Christ has already done for him.

For instance, the scriptures teach us to confess with our mouth and believe with our heart and we will receive from God (Rom. 10:9-10; Mk. 11:23-24, etc.). The legalist thinks, “That means I can get God to heal me by confessing ‘By his stripes I am healed.’” However, the person who understands God’s grace will not confess the Word to get healed. He will confess, “By his stripes I am healed,” because he really believes it has already been done.Analyzing our “mind set” is the simplest way of discerning whether we are operating in true Bible faith or a legalistic counterfeit. If the motive for our actions is to be accepted with God, then that’s legalism. If we live holy out of faith and gratefulness for what God has already done, then that’s grace.

This quote from Moses is intended to illustrate the harshness of living by the Old Testament law. Paul quotes this same Old Testament passage in Galatians 3:12, and so does Nehemiah in Nehemiah 9:29. In each case, the context clearly reveals that the writer was quoting this verse to speak of the negative effects of living by the law. Leviticus 18:5 says that once a man starts trying to fulfill the law to earn righteousness, he will have to subsist, or remain alive, by his continued adherence to the precepts of that law. In other words, once you decide to “earn” right standing with God, then God is going to give you what you deserve. The thing that is dreadfully wrong with this thought is that no one really deserves righteousness. We don’t need justice. We need mercy!

This is what Paul is communicating through quoting this scripture from Leviticus. Trying to achieve righteousness by keeping the law doesn’t bring peace because it puts the burden of salvation on our shoulders. In contrast, salvation by grace through faith places the burden on Jesus, and allows us to walk free. There is still hope-if you begin to live by grace today and remember Jesus is Lord!!!

If you’d like to receive Jesus as your Lord and Savior, just say the prayer below.

My Lord and my God, have mercy upon my soul, a sinner; I believe that Jesus Christ is the son of the living God (John 3:16).I believe that he died on the cross and shed his precious blood for the forgiveness of all my sins (Luke 23:33). I believe that God raised Jesus from the dead by the power of the Holy Spirit and that he sits on the right hand of God at this moment, Hearing my confession of sin and this prayer.
I open up the door of my heart and i invite you into my heart , Lord Jesus , wash all my filthy sins away in the precious blood that you shed in my place on the cross at Calvary .You will not turn me away  , you will forgive my sins and save my soul because your word says so.I know that you’ve heard me , I know that you’ve answered me and i know that am saved . Thank you Jesus,for saving my soul.

 Feel free to contact us; to let us know of your decision to follow Christ, we shall be glad to hear from you.Plus, we shall send you a free salvation package to help you begin your journey with Jesus.

Gifted Divine Ministries
P.0.BOX 28894 K’la,Uganda
www.gifteddivineministries.wordpress.com
www.gifteddivine.blogspot.com
Tel: +256757772952

No comments:

Post a Comment